T Track for genoa cars

MarkRyan1981

T Track for genoa cars

Post by MarkRyan1981 »

Hello all, is it 25mm the T track for our Jib cars? The one circled below specifically?

MarkRyan1981

Re: T Track for genoa cars

Post by MarkRyan1981 »

Cracking, thanks Peter. Getting a midships cleat to make single handed mooring a bit easier :)

http://www.force4.co.uk/barton-165mm-sl ... zHmH_krK70
Bob McGovern

Post by Bob McGovern »

Scant 1" on our Ballad.
prjacobs

Post by prjacobs »

Mark, I deleted my message when I realized your rails were on the toe rail, not the inboard ones .... not sure what size those are but should be easy to measure. My Ballad does not have those tracks.
Sorry about that! :oops:
MarkRyan1981

Post by MarkRyan1981 »

Thanks Bob! And Peter, your note was very useful as its exactly the same track used on the toe rail as for the genoa :) so thanks too
Bob McGovern

Post by Bob McGovern »

Just a heads-up: three other dimensions that can matter are track thickness, stand-off height from deck, and hole diameter. I've bought track and cars from separate manufacturers and they did not play well. Not sure if SAE/metric problem, or just a different idea of what 1/4" is. :? So it's helpful if you can return fitting that do not fit. (In my case, it was Garhauer jib cars on Ronstan track with Schaeffer end stops, all nominal 1"; I had to drill out the pin holes and pare down the end stops to fit.)