Ballad build numbers by year

Due to increased amount of spamming attempts all registrations now have to be accepted by the board administrator. After filling in the "register" form, mail the administrator admin<at>balladklubben.se and motivate why you want to join.
marcovp

Ballad build numbers by year

Post by marcovp »

Hi, I just registered. I am Marco, 43 years from The Netherlands. After looking for a sailboat for some time an Albin Ballad seems to fit the bill.

At the moment there are two Ballads for sale here in the Netherlands. One is build in 1976 and the build number is 1139. The other one is build in 1977 and has a build number 718. Does anyone know if this is logical? I have been searching for a list of build numbers and years but cannot seam to find it, however 1976 and 1139 seems to be OK.

I am trying to determine the risk for a faulty mast truss. The seller of the Ballad I went to today (1139) says there is no problem and tried to talk me out of further inspection. From what date or number is the truss less suspect?

Hopefully I am able to see the 1977 boat next week to be able to compare them.
prjacobs

Re: Ballad build numbers by year

Post by prjacobs »

Welcome to the forum. My Ballad is number 1085, and I believe it's a 1976 model, no mast step issues as determined by drilling a few small holes and using a bore scope such as this one to examine the area. I'd be a bit wary of a seller that discourages further inspection. If you get serious about this boat I recommend having a competent marine surveyor look it over.
Good luck on your search, please keep us posted on what you find.
Cheers,
Peter.
MatWill

Re: Ballad build numbers by year

Post by MatWill »

Did you manage to inspect the mast step on this boat?